What is MyMemory?
MyMemory is the world’s largest Translation Memory. MyMemory is 100% free.
It has been created collecting TMs from the European Union, United Nations and aligning the best domain specific multilingual websites.
You can download memories for free in TMX format and use them with your CAT toolof choice. You can also contribute to make MyMemory even better with your memories, or editing entries. When no human translation is found for your sentences,MyMemory will help you with state-of-the-art Statistical Machine Translation technology.
Getting Started – Download your first TM! It’s all free!
- Go to http://mymemory.translated.net and click on Log in (username: demo – password: demo).
- Click on Download a TMX.
- Upload a small .doc (not .docx) file you want to translate, choose source and target languages.
- Click on Create memory then wait a few minutes while your memory is created.
- Download your TMX file and import it in your CAT tool, making sure that the languages match.
- Translate your document with your CAT tool.
Note. This is the easiest way to download a memory, but it does not guarantee the best results. Please have a look at the detailed instructions for creating a Translation memory from an empty TMX file.
Look up terms and segments from MyMemory‘s web interface.
MyMemory works like a linguistic search engine which you can use to look up translated segments and terminology in any language pair and subject domain.
Create a custom Translation Memory for the document you are translating.
MyMemory lets you generate a TM using your own Translation Memories and TMs from other translators, world-class companies and from the web.
About MyMemory – next generation Translation Memory technology